Pembroke has a Community Improvement Plan (CIP) to assist in community revitalization and to achieve economic, community planning, and urban development goals through encouraging private-sector investment.
The City offers 11 grant programs through the CIP which range in dollar value and project type. Most grants are focused on commercial, industrial, or multi-use developments and buildings, with one grant focusing on downtown upper-tier residential development.
- Accessibility Grant
- Affordable Housing Study Grant
- Brownfield Property Tax Assistance Program
- Downtown Housing Grant
- Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) Grant
- Façade Improvement Grant
- Planning and Building Permit Fee Grant
- Project Feasibility Study Rebate
- Tax Increment Equivalent Grant
- Downtown Heritage Facade Improvement Grant
- COVID-19 Business Support Grant
Anyone interested in learning more about these grants or applying to them is strongly encouraged to contact the City of Pembroke at or 613-735-6821 ext. 1304. Staff are available to sit down with interested applicants to discuss their projects and walk through the application process.
For the full Community Improvement Plan click here.
For a summary document of available grants click here.
For an application form click here.