A building permit for any new buildings.
All drawings to be drawn on standardized sized sheets, drawn to scale, fully dimensioned, signed and dated.
If drawings were prepared by a qualified designer (as defined under Div. C, Part 3, Section 3.2 of the Ontario Building Code), drawings must include the designer's name, registration number, qualification identification number, signature, and stamp/statement that the person has reviewed and taken responsibility for the design activities.
Site Plan (example of Site Plan below)
- Survey or site plan showing property lines, lot area, right-of-way or easements (referenced to a current survey)
- Location of existing/proposed buildings with overall dimensions and include setback dimensions to property lines and adjacent buildings.
- Summary of permitted and proposed zoning provisions to include lot area, building area (GFA), coverage, and grade elevations to confirm height.
- Indicate dimensioned parking areas, driveways, hard & soft landscape treatments, accessory structures (sheds, decks, detached garages, etc).
Lot Grading Plan
Submit a plan showing the proposed grading of the lot, designed in a manner that will result in no new instances of ponding occur on existing adjacent properties and the subject property as a result of construction.
- Fully dimensioned, for each level showing existing & proposed uses of all spaces, including location of smoke alarms & carbon monoxide detectors and all plumbing fixtures.
- Provide existing/proposed construction with foundation & exterior wall information, showing interior partitions and structural framing above.
Existing/proposed roof layout showing roof structure, skylights, roof slopes, hips/valleys/peaks and ventilation.
Truss Drawings and Floor Joist Plan
Where Engineered roof trusses or floor systems are proposed.
- Exterior finishes with roof slopes, window/door type, locations & sizes including height of sills above floor level.
- Provide area of exposed building face, percentage/area of unprotected openings and required limiting distance(s).
- Show exterior decks/landings, stairs, guards/handrails.
- Provide overall building height dimension.
- Cross section(s) to show existing/proposed building construction and specifications of all floor, wall, & roof assemblies.
- Provide footing & foundation wall details including height of exterior grade above basement floor.
- Show floor to floor, floor to ceiling and overall building heights.
- Detail stairs, landings, guards & handrails.
Construction Details and Notes
- Building materials & specifications of all wall, floor, and roof assemblies with typical wall section and typical roof detail.
- Provide guard details including connection detail.
Mechanical and Plumbing Requirements (if Applicable)
If your project includes a Mechanical (HVAC) please submit the Energy Efficiency Design Summary Form and Mechanical Ventalation Design Summary that is included with your building permit application.
Notice: The City of Pembroke now asks that building plans be submitted in PDF as well as in hard copy.
New Building Application
Site Plan Checklist
May be Required: Commitment to General Reviews by Architect and Engineers